Sunday, March 11, 2007

"Rocky Mountain High," Colorado's Official Song?


When you think of Colorado, you think of that corny John Denver song, "Rocky Mountain High," right? I do.

And that's why I support a proposal by Bob Hagedorn, D, a state senator from Aurora. He wants to make Denver's ode to Colorado the state's official State Song.

Honestly, I've always liked John Denver. He still has several relatives in Colorado, and it was 10 years ago that he died in a plane crash. What better way to honor Denver and his legacy than by naming "Rocky Mountain High" an official state song. Let's do it!!

Of course, not everyone agrees. Here's what one Denver Post writer said about the idea:

John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High" deserves its place in Colorado ... in Muzak form on supermarket speakers or during a marathon Time Life infomercial hosted by Air Supply.

No comments: