So I was in Charlotte, NC this week covering the dedication of the brand new, $27 million Billy Graham Library. The Rev. Graham is a great guy, and the library is a terrific tribute.
I saw a number of dignitaries there, including former presidents George HW Bush, Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.
But the most exciting part with being there with Charles Gibson. He field anchored the entire edition of "ABC World News" from Charlotte, and it was quite a set-up. Lights, TelePrompter... staff of dozens of people, etc.
After his show, I went up and introduced myself. The interesting part is, he already knew about me! He said he's read about my arrival at ABC on some TV news website, and he welcomed me aboard.
Charlie's from the Chicago area, and he gave me a warning. "Be ready, Chicago winters are cold as Hell." Then he corrected himself. "Wait a minute, I guess Hell isn't very cold. But you know what I mean."
Ah, Chuck. Such a stickler for accuracy.

1 comment:
nut..you're such a name dropper now... :-) ha!
Post a Comment