Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sad Day in South Carolina



So it was a busy week at ABC. I started Monday in Chicago, got sent to Dallas that afternoon to cover flooding in north Texas. Got to Texas, went to bed, and before I could even start covering the flood... got another call saying "nevermind, we're sending you to South Carolina." So I spent all day Tuesday flying to Charleston, SC... got there at 3pm, just in time to start doing liveshots across the country at 4pm.

The fire was awful. Sounds like a worker on a smoke break may have started the fire that engulfed a furniture warehouse. The roof collapsed on top of 9 firefighters, killing them. It's the worst loss of life for firefighters since the 9/11 attacks. Sad day for folks in Charleston, SC.

It was nice being on the east coast... BUT IT WAS SO HOT! I don't know how people can deal with that heat.

No comments: