Thursday, December 21, 2006

STUCK!


Ok, so I decided to brave it last night. The newscast was over, it was 11:00 at night, and all the major roads were closed. But I thought I'd be a wise guy and try to get home. Well I made it! All the way to my driveway. And then I got stuck. REALLY stuck. The Equinox wedged into a four foot snow drift, and I was going nowhere. After a half hour of heavy shoveling, I managed to work myself out.

So far in Broomfield, we have a foot and a half of snow. Another five to 10 inches is expected. This is... without a doubt... the BIGGEST, most UNRELENTING snow storm I have ever experienced. Denver is completely shut down. I-70, I-25 and the Boulder Turnpike are all closed. Denver International Airport is shut down until tomorrow night. More than 1000 flights have been cancelled, and some 3,000 people are sleeping inside the main terminal tonight.

But despite ALL of this... the snow is alot of fun! Mostly because our main news anchor, Ron Zappolo, is on vacation this week. That means, I get to fill in. That means, I DON'T HAVE TO STAND OUTSIDE IN THE BLIZZARD AND FREEZE MY &#^@# OFF!

No comments: