Saturday, July 19, 2008
In Memory of Maggie Moo
On Saturday morning, Taunia and I lost our little old lady. Maggie Moo, our nearly 15 year old Dalmatian, was gently put to sleep in New York City. It was a difficult decision, but a necessary one, and one that was likely overdue. Maggie has lost about 20 pounds in the last year, lost control of her back legs, and had developed serious kidney problems and arthritis. In the last few months of her life, she needed to be carried up and down stairs.
Maggie has been a part of our lives the entire time I've known Taunia... from our first date until now. She was the ring bearer in our wedding. She was, honestly, like a child... and we're heartbroken. Our apartment seems so quiet and empty without her. Jake seems confused and sad. But this will all pass.
I made this tribute video for our sweet girl. Taunia picked the music.
Maggie... we miss you and we love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Kelly and I are really sorry to hear about ole Maggie Moo. We know she meant alot to you guys. Hopefully she's chasing firetrucks in doggie heaven.
Post a Comment