Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My 9/11 Friend


Best wishes going out to my old friend Tammy Drake. Today brought back alot of memories about Tammy. Her husband, Randy, was killed in the September 11th attacks.

He was working in a building across the street from the World Trade Center. After the first plane hit, he called Tammy to say he was ok. He went out to the street to see what was going on. Then the second plane hit, and a piece of debris hit Randy in the head. He died a few days later.

Vic and I had the privilege of traveling to New York City with Tammy a few months after the attacks. We had a few days at Ground Zero. Much of it was somber, some of it was fun (i.e., Hogs & Heifers), but all of it was memorable.

Our friendship endured long after the NYC trip, including a few lunches out at Chili's in Independence.

Tammy called me the other day from her home in Lee's Summit. We had a good chat, but it was too short. Tammy... I"ll call you soon so we can catch up, and I wish you all the best.

P.S. I saw the story Fox 4 did on you September 11th. Your hair looks good! You look like Doris Day!

No comments: