
Once again, big news follows me. I arrived in New York City, just as this scene was unfolding. Yankees relief pitcher Cory Lidle crashed his small plane into a highrise on the Upper East Side.
It happened while I was in flight. Our pilot got on the intercom and said, "There's an unexpected delay in New York, and they're asking us to circle for an hour or so." We had no idea what was going on. When we finally got on the ground, TV's in the airport clued us in.
During my cab ride into the city, I heard Mayor Bloomberg confirm it was NOT a terrorist attack. That didn't stop all the TV stations from making a big deal out of the "terrorism" angle at 11pm that night.
What is it with famous people dying in plane crashes when I go to New York? Taunia and I were in the city a few years ago when when John F. Kennedy Jr. crashed his plane and died, as well. If you're a celebrity, and you read this blog, I promise... I'll post the details of my next NYC trip in advance, so you can re-arrange your travel plans.

No comments:
Post a Comment